Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pan Seared Tuna


Tuna is probably my favorite fish... I just really enjoy the flavor, texture and variety that comes with tuna. However, when I'm making tuna for myself, I enjoy keeping it simple and quick. Since it's a little cold to be grilling outside, I took my tuna grilling indoors and prepared it in my "grilling pan." I must say, I really outdid myself this time... this tuna is PERFECT!

Ingredients:
- Tuna steaks, 4 ounces each
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- olive oil
- salt
- pepper

To Make:

In a grilling pan, pour some olive oil in the center and heat the pan on the stove on medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes.

In the meantime, dress each tuna steak with a 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, a generous squeeze of half of a lemon and salt and pepper.

Gently place each tuna steak directly into the olive oil and saute on each side on medium high heat for 2.5 minutes each side. On the second flip, turn the stove off after 1.5 minutes and cover the tuna for the remaining minute.

Note: this will cook the tuna to medium rare. If you prefer a more "done" piece, then cook longer on each side.
Top with another squeeze of lemon and serve immediatly.

I served this with peas and carrots sauted in olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment