Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Delicious Fall Stew: Made in the Crock Pot


I love the fall, the colors are beautiful and I love making hearty meals that keep you warm and cozy. I made this stew in the crock pot, which I love because since when your cooking in the crock pot, your meal needs to sit for hours until it's ready. What I do when I'm making a crock pot meal, I make it on an evening where I'm going to be eating dinner out somewhere... so before I leave, I take 20 minutes to prep and prepare and then when I get home, I have a meal for the next day. It's the perfect idea and it saves LOTS of time. Check it out...

Ingredients:
- 1 can dark kidney beans
- 1 can plain tomato sauce
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 3 large potatoes, diced (medium pieces)
- Either 2 chicken breast OR boca burger
- 3/4 cup White Rice
- Water
- Salt
- Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Paprika
- Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil

To Make:
Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of the crock pot, about 2-3 tablespoons. Place all diced veggies into the crock pot. Add in chicken breasts or boca burger, add in tomato sauce, drained kidney beans and rice. Add 1 tablespoon of all spices except the crushed red pepper, that is "to taste" so you be the judge.

Next fill the crock pot up almost to the top with water, leaving some "expansion room" and gently mix together just to break up the spices. Set on high heat. This can cook on high heat for about 3-5 hours, depending on your crock pot. Make sure you do not leave this on over night. If you are planning to leave over night, set on LOW HEAT and wake up EARLY so you can shut it off.

This is easy, delicious and HEALTHY!!!!! No more weight gain for the cold months... with this recipe, there is no need so you can stay FULL and SEXY!

No comments:

Post a Comment