Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Catfish-Fish Tacos



















I LOVE fish tacos. I've had enough fish tacos at restaurants that I decided I would make my own and tear it up. I did just that. With my authentic pico de gallo, and my crispy catfish, these fish tacos are the best EVER.

Ingredients:
- 1 package cut catfish pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 small white onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 sliced green cabbage
- 1 can black beans
- fresh soft tacos
- olive oil
- paprika
- salt
- pepper

To Make:
To make the pico de gallo, begin by dicing the onion very small and adding into a mixing bowl. Next, slice the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Dice and add into in with the onions. Slice the jalapenos down the middle and remove the seeds. Dice very small and add into the mixture. Remove all large stems from the cilantro, dice and add into the bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt. Mix together and set aside.

Empty the can of black beans into a medium pot. Season with 1 teaspoon of the following, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and paprika. Cover and cook on medium heat until the fish is done.

In a medium pan, coat the bottom with olive oil and heat on medium high heat.

Cut the cat fish into small 1 inch pieces and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Add into the hot oil and cook until golden brown on each side.

Remove beans and fish from the stove.

To Make the Taco:
Take a soft taco and add fish, pico de gallo, black beans and cabbage.

Add fresh avocado and sour cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment