My mom-mom was the inspiration for this dish since she made something similar and we thought it would be awesome as a cheesecake. Let me tell you, it WAS delicious! The perfect desert for a hot summer day because it's not too heavy, too sweet or too much! It's awesome, light and refreshing!
3 packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup(s) of drained crushed pineapple
6 ounce(s) of vanilla pudding
1 container whipped topping
3/4 cup(s) of sugar
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/2 cup(s) of melted butter
1 1/4 cup(s) of graham cracker crumbs
1 cup(s) of dried diced cherries
1/2 cup(s) of skim milk
- take 1/2 cup of diced dried cherries and mix into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Add in the melted butter and mix together.
- Press this into a springform pan and store in the refrigerator until ready to fill with cheesecake.
- In a large bowl, place three packages of room temperature Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Add one egg and beat together.
- Add second egg, beat together (with handmixer)
- Add third egg and half of the sugar, mix together.
- Add 2 tsps of vanilla extract.
- Add the rest of the sugar.
- Add in the 1/2 cup skim milk.
- Beat together.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of dried cherries.
- Pour mixture into springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for about 50 minutes to an hour. (I said an hour in my video but that is only if your oven is not very hot... mine took only about 50 minutes.)
- Remove and let cool.
- Mix in the crushed pineapple and vanilla pudding, make sure the pineapple is drained a lot.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every 2.5 minutes.
- Let this cool.
- Once cooled, fold into whipped topping.
- Remove springform pan from cheesecake.
- Spread Pineapple topping over cheesecake and top with remaining dried cherries.