Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rotini with Red Peppers and Parmesan


We all by now know that I LOVE Pasta (and I'm Italian so go figure) but anyways, I like to create and keep a collection of quick pasta dishes that just use what I have easily on hand in my fridge or pantry. That way, I feel confident that no matter what, when I get the urge for pasta, I know I can take 12 min tops to create the best dish. Check it out...


Ingredients:
- 1/4 pound tri-colored rotini
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- handful fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt
- pepper
- crushed red pepper
- olive oil

To Make:

Bring water to a boil and cook the pasta, about 8 min. in a med. pot. Salt the water. While the water is heating up, dice onion and red pepper and saute in olive oil in a med. pan for about 7 min, until soft and tender. Season with salt and pepper.

Drain pasta and using a large bowl, sprinkle olive oil in the bottom of the serving bowl and dump pasta into the bowl. Stir in the onion and pepper mixture and also the fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Season with more salt and pepper and best of all top with crushed red pepper. Serve immediately and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment