Monday, November 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Mash

This was a first for me, mashed sweet potatoes. I'd heard about it and I LOVE sweet potatoes but tonight was my first time trying. I guess they always say, "there's a first time for everything..." Yes, and these potatoes were AMAZING. Just in time for Thanksgiving... these are a MUST MAKE.



Ingredients:
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp margarine
- 1 tsp parsley

To Make:

Peel the sweet potatoes and dice them up. Place them in a pot and fill with 1/2 cup water. Lightly salt and boil for about 10 minutes, covered, until they are fork tender. In the meantime, dice the onions and garlic and saute them in olive oil until translucent. Lightly salt.


Empty everything into a large bowl (with the water) and add in the soy milk, margarine and Parmesan cheese. Add in the spices. Mix together with a hand mixer. Mix in (by hand) the sauteed onions and garlic. Top with fresh parsley and serve while hot. DELICIOUS!

1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete