Monday, August 16, 2010

Spicy Tilapia Mexicana



I realized tonight that I cook A LOT of Tilapia. Not only is Tilapia a versitile, tasty fish that is quick and easy to make, but it's inexpensive too! I probably have made half-a-dozen or more fabulous Tilapia recipes in the past few months that I am excited to start sharing. This one, I developed tonight, using ingredients I had in my fridge and it turned into one of the best! Check it out below... (did I mention it takes less than 10 minutes to make the whole thing?)

Ingredients:

- 2 Tilapia fillets
- 1 green peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 med. white onion, sliced into thin strips
- Salt
- Pepper
- Fresh Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Crushed red pepper

To Make:

Drizzle olive oil around a medium pan and swish the pan around to coat the bottom. Place on the stove and set to medium heat. Leave sit about 1.5 minutes while you grab your Tilapia.

In the meantime, slice your onion and pepper, drizzle olive oil into another pan, place veggies into pan and saute on medium high heat for about 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle salt, pepper and crushed red pepper on top and mix together.

Place your Tilapia fillets into your hot pan (make sure you don't smoke the oil) and season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and fresh oregano. (SO DELICIOUS)

Cook on each side about 3 minutes (depending how thick your fillets are)

Remove your filets and place on a plate, arrange your peppers and onions overtop the Tilapia forming a straight line.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment