Saturday, July 17, 2010

Grilled, Smoked Tuna



So I wished for a grill, and magically one appeared, (with the help of my spouse)

Anyway, last night was the first night that either of us had EVER attempted to grill anything by ourselves and on a grill that is NOT gas or stainless steel. None the less, my grilling attempt was a complete SUCCESS! Not only was everything cooked to perfection, but I was able to create a delicious smoking affect.

Grilled, Smoked Tuna

Ingredients

- 1 Piece Ahi Tuna
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce

Place the Tuna in a bowl and pour 3 tablespoons of soy sauce on top. Then pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the tuna and lightly season with salt (NOT TOO MUCH SALT BECAUSE THE SOY SAUCE IS SALTY) then generously season with pepper.

Let this sit in your fridge until your grill is ready.

Next, carry the tuna in the bowl out to your grill, using TONGS, gently lift and place your tuna over your grill. (Depending on which type of grill your using, will determine cooking length)

Because I used an old fashioned grill, I let my tuna cook for 5 minutes on each side and I closed the lid on the top to let the smoking take affect. DELICIOUS! Also, depending on how well done you like your tuna, will also determine your cooking length. Personally, I enjoy my tuna medium and that's how mine came out.

When you remove your tuna from the grill, place on your dish and cover with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes to let the juices settle.

I served this with broccoli and a baked potato. What a superb dinner!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE PICS OF THIS GREAT NIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. Also, I live in a townhouse with no back yard... so YES, we were grilling in the alley!

    ReplyDelete